It's The Only Thing You Can't Get Back
People ask how I’m able to create over 100 originals in a year (on average), work a 2nd job, and also go to school.
Well… I manage my time.
It’s the only thing you can’t get back once it’s gone!
I wanna share with you some tips I use every day to manage my time. Hopefully you can find them useful.
1. Turn the TV off! I’m a huge sports fan and love watching the games…but in the end, the Dodgers aren’t helping me achieve my goals. I can always check the score on my phone later! If you are complaining that you don’t have enough time to do the things that are important… AND you insist on catching the newest episode of The Walking Dead, you’ve got it all wrong.
2. Put the phone down! For the first few hours after I wake up and the last couple hours before bed at night… I keep my phone on mute and faced down in a different room than where I’m working. When you check your phone in the morning, you automatically place yourself in a reactive mind state. An e-mail, social media post, or text message early in the morning can set the tone for the rest of your day and throw off everything that you had planned!
3. Don’t call if a simple text is enough to get your point across. Some people don’t know how to END THE CONVERSATION. I have no time for small talk. Send a text. Also, just because someone calls doesn’t mean you have to answer it. Stop letting people think you’re available 24 hours out of the day!
4. Sleep less. NOBODY needs 9 hours of sleep every day. Get 7. Trust me… you’ll be surprised at how much more you can accomplish with those extra 2 hours.
5. Stop letting other people waste your time! Try this: next time someone asks you to go somewhere with them or to do something…ask them “HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE?” Make it a point to tell them you have something planned afterwards and will need to get back.
My time is valuable…I don’t like people fucking with it! You should do the same!
I wanna know what you do to manage you time. Leave a note in the comments!